Friday, April 19, 2013

When Life Hands You Lemons...

The company I work for has been in the process of being sold for about 2 months now. All employees have been in limbo wondering if we'll still have jobs when this is over. I was told by my general manager Wednesday night that it's not looking good and I would probably get some pretty bad news Friday (today). We had a webinar this afternoon for "new" news. Basically they haven't heard anything back definitively from the prospective buyer but said that they should hear from them by 5pm tonight. This is something we keep hearing over and over - "we'll know by xxx". If the company does not take over (not purchase but just take over [because our owner has gotten us into that bad of shape]) then Wednesday will be the last day that our comany is "alive" and all of us remaning employees (about 13) will be unemployed. As of right now our general manager and owner do NOT anticipate this other company taking over.

I've been looking for other employment options for 2 months now and have only found 2 jobs to apply for. There are not any RT jobs out there that I qualify for. Dan is applying places for part time work to help out.

I have faith that Dan and I will be taken care of. I know God promises to lead me into a new role for our family. I think I've been more frustrated then anything. With our savings right now plus unemployment we will be able to live for several months. We're just so frustrated - we have been working really hard to pay off my student loans and are very close. We feel like as soon as we get a hold of the student debt something comes up and we can't tackle it (the debt). With the savings we could almost completely pay off 2 of the 3 loans, which would have a big impact on our monthly expenses. So frustating. I know God has a reason and a plan. I'm trying to cut the frustration and be overjoyed tha twe have the cushion built up that we do.

Thank you all so much for your love and support.

We love you all,

~Jen & Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment